Agonising photos show dogs suffering the painful after-effects of trying to eat BEES.
- These painful-looking photos show dramatic effects of dogs trying to eat bees
- Despite looking funny oral stings be very dangerous – potentially fatal – for dogs
From Labradors to pit bulls, this set of painful-looking photographs show the dramatic effects of dogs trying to eat bees.
Pet owners have shared images of their beloved pooches looking worse for wear, with heavily inflamed snouts and mouths.
Most of the time, an insect sting is just painful and irritating for dogs, but getting stung several times, or stung inside the mouth or throat, can dangerous and requires a trip to the vet.
Despite the pooches’ comical appearances, it is not a laughing matter – in the most extreme situation a dog may have an anaphylactic shock as a result of exposure to the insect venom, which can be fatal.
This Daschund has an incredibly swollen mouth after swallowing bees.
Another Daschund who looks extremely sorry for itself after munching on one of the stinging insects.
This fat-faced pooch is unlikely to eat another bee again after the area around its snout ballooned up.
One of the only dogs in the collection to actually look like they are smiling despite their painful stings.
The whole end of this long-snouted dog’s has also become largely expanded.
This young boxer was unable to fight off the advances of the yellow and black flying stingers.
This doe-eyed labrador looks like it’s about to cry after being stung by a bee that it had tried to eat.
The right side of this Pitbull-cross’ mouth has become dramatically inflamed, but the left is completely normal.
This pooch is ready for a good lie-down after a painful run-in with what it thought would be its lunch.
A sore terrier lies on its owner’s kitchen floor after biting off more than it could chew.